NEWS AND INFORMATION
|[ BACK TO ALL NEWS ]|
Anita Diamantes, Chairperson
Gerald Anthony, Vice Chairperson
Holly Santos Tedesco
Donna Warburton, Council Liaison
The Environmental Commission met monthly. Meetings were well-attended by commissioners, council liaison, Ms. Warburton and concerned members of the public.
Activities of the commission include the following:
- Management of the Paramus Farmers Market.
- Promotion of the Paramus Earth Day Celebration.
- Participation in the "National Night Out".
- Research and presentation to the Mayor and Council of a proposal to better manage the distribution single use "checkout bag".
- Promotion of the "No Idling" Ordinance.
- Distribution of reusable shopping bags.
- Preparation of a map of parks and waterways located in Paramus, to be published in 2016.
- Coordination with Bergen County in the creation of a walking trail adjacent to the north parking area in Petruska Park.
- Coordination with the Paramus School System to involve students in various environmentally oriented projects.
- Promotion of an essay contest for Paramus students.
- Maintenance and updating of the commission website (paramusec.org).
- Research and planning for a "Green Merchant Initiative" that will promote sustainable actions by local businesses.
Many of the aforementioned activities will continue into 2016.
The minutes of all meetings may be obtained by contacting the commission secretary, Ms. Jean Payoczkowski.
As always the continued support of the town governance is greatly appreciated.
Anita Diamantes / Chairperson